My holidays kicked off last weekend with a stroll through the Bryant Park Winter Village in New York City. Surrounded by charming art shops and Trump protests, my outfit had to be chic yet on-the-go-ready. This holiday season I am giving away a pair of No Nonsense jean leggings, like the ones I am wearing here, with a few tips on How to Wear White in Winter.
Christmas is hands-down my favorite time of year in New York City, and the Winter Village was the perfect primer for the holidays to come. I dared to wear a pair of white No Nonsense jean leggings and enjoy shopping for local art, indulging in crepes and hot cider, riding the merry go round and taking in the lovely surroundings.I live by my own #fashionrule book, much of which breaks with tradition. I do believe anyone can wear white after labor day as long as the look is still season-appropriate. Here are my fail-safe rules for How to Wear White in Winter:
- Pair with cool colors (mint or pale blue) or deep earth tones (merlot or evergreen.) Here I am wearing an embellished sweater I recently found on a trip north to Montreal. The indigo hue adds a pop of color while keeping my white pants winter-y.
- Pair with a dark, seductive lipstick. A deep plum or red instantly makes a look mysterious and alluring, just like winter. Here I am wearing Liv by Nars.
- Pair with understated winter shoes. Again, follow the color rule and keep your footwear simple. No need to wear thigh high boots or super strappy heels, your white pants will stand out on their own.
- Pair with confidence. Winter whites have only recently caught on. So wear a dash of confidence in your style prowess when stepping out in your cold-white ensemble!
Enter my giveaway, by cyber Monday, 11/28/16 by 11:59 p.m. EST, to win a pair of these super comfy and chic No Nonsense jean leggings. They come in 9 different colors! It’s never too early to treat yourself or gift someone special!
How to enter:
- Follow me on Instagram.
- Like & comment the photos from this post.
- Wait for the winner to be announced!